Sunday, September 18, 2005

By the way....getting used to "new" music....

The person who started all this, was my daughter (in law) Marjolijn....she had asked me for a melody that was "so coooool and nice", and I finally found it...music from a band called "Magic System", originated from Algeria, but mainly peforming in France and Spain. Together with them on that record was performing Muhamed Lamine, probably only known in the Arabic African countries. Some of my cyberfriends now almost forced me to have " a listening look" into this arabic kind-a-music and so I did....

And slowly I started to learn to listen to the for me still "unacceptable" music and I started to like it.....

So my cyberfriends from the Far-East gave me other contacts to their music and I decided to try to collect them, both for me and maybe my grandkids, to let them listen to music older than our civilisation, played from one generation to another....and maybe they appreciate it....and will broaden their view in this, their world...

I have now music from Marocco to Nepal and via China to Old-Japan and from there to Alaska, real Indian music (The Dance of the Wolf a.o....) to music of the old Inca people and so to South Africa for music of the Bosjesmannen....increasingly adapting my ears and understanding for this beautiful sound of "far away" civilisations, that are ours....

Thank you Marjolijn.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home